Energize RI Job Opening – Energize RI Campaign Manager
Energize Rhode Island Energize Rhode Island is a newly formed coalition dedicated to building political leadership for bold climate action in the Ocean State. Formed by environmental organizations, faith groups, and responsible businesses, we are launching a campaign to pass state-level carbon pricing legislation to support a cleaner, healthier, and more secure Rhode Island. Job Scope:Energize RI seeks a passionate and effective campaign manager to support our carbon pricing organizing efforts. Working closely with our coalition members as well as other allies, the campaign manager oversees all coalition-building activities and advocacy work for the organization. The ideal candidate will be someone able to design and implement legislative campaign strategy and inspire support and collaboration from coalition partners and other stakeholders.
– Build and oversee effective action plan to support Energize RI legislation;
– Organize coalition members towards ambitious advocacy goals, and hold them accountable to those goals;
– Build an advocacy network: expand coalition with local progressive organizations, identify and mobilize concerned citizens, and reach out to new constituencies to expand the organization’s base of support;
– Cultivate relationships with political decision-makers, coalition partners, donors, and other stakeholders;
– Generate media attention and build public awareness of Energize RI legislation;
– Support fundraising efforts and manage current grant reporting;
– Supervise and train interns and volunteers.
Required education, experience, knowledge, and skills:
– A minimum of two or more years of relevant professional experience. Relevant experience includes (but is not limited to) working in political, union, community, and/or government settings.
– Excellent analytical skills and sound judgment;
– Strong verbal and written skills; the ability to communicate persuasively in a charged atmosphere;
– Must be a results-oriented self-starter able to work under pressure;
– Experience working in coalition with diverse constituencies and/or in legislative advocacy campaigns a plus;
– Commitment to social, economic, and climate justice.
To apply:Send a cover letter, resume and two references to EnergizeRIManagerSearch@gmail.com.. Energize RI will review candidates on an ongoing basis with the goal of a December 2015/ January 2016 start date. Energize RI is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
The email address to send applications to is EnergizeRIManagerSearch@gmail.com.